Strazde church is among those churches that were built in the end of 16th century - it is a genuine masterpiece of church architecture. It is one of the rare churches in Kurzeme that combine Gothic style with the features of early Baroque. Its simple architecture is allied to the conception of wooden folk architecture. The shapes of the building have not remarkably changed. With the unity of the proportions and the sober decorations the church is a building of original harmony and fits perfectly into the landscape. Besides the altar painting "Christ"(1904) by Lithuanian artist P.Kalpok, attention should be paid also to two wooden pews (1612) with decorative endings made of shells. On the church bell (1890) there is a year number "1591".