Jews came to Talsi in the end of 18th century when they had received the permission of the governor to reside in Kurzeme. In 1844 they already had their own prayer house in Talsi . The synagogue got its present appearance about 1854. The façade part of the synagogue was built following the three-part construction principle; in the centre there is a niche that imitates the temple of Jerusalem. At present the synagogue is being used as an apartment house.
57°14'44.909"N 22°35'45.762"E / 57.245808 22.596045