The "Grove of Europe" is a tree plantation representing the member states of European Union - it is a dedication to the solidarity of Europe. It was created in Šķēde forest district of Forest Research station of Talsu Region in 1st of May 2004 when Latvia became a full rights member of the EU. In the "Grove of Europe" each country is represented by a characteristic tree. Latvia is represented by rowan-tree, Austria - by European larch, the Czech Republic - by a berry yew-tree, etc.
TagsGrove of Europe
57°14'53.228"N 22°41'33.95"E / 57.248119 22.692764
- On Bicycle Routes in Nature Park Talsi Hollocks and Surrounding
- Talsi Hillock Nature Park
- Nature Trail in Recreation Place "Rīti"
- Grove of Europe
- Pathway of folklore "Jāņkalni"
- Construction material plant “Villas”
- Vicarage of Talsi
- Vicezu Manor
- Apple garden in farmstead „Kurzemnieki”
- K. F. Amenda Tomb
- Hill Ķēniņkalns
- Viewing platform in Kamparkalns
- Cross-country Skiing in Talsi Hillock