In 1890 on the right side of river Abava was built a synagogue. It was meant for the Jewish community of Sabile, and it served its purpose till the World War II. In 1941 during the occupation of the Fascist Germany the Sabile community was destroyed. Starting from 1950, during the Soviet occupation, the building was used by the local school and the sport school. In the middle of 80s the synagogue was transferred to Sabile fruit and vegetable combine and was adjusted to a storehouse. In 2001 started the reconstruction of the building (architect Modris Liepa). Nowadays it serves as the centre of modern art and cultural heritage “Synagogue”.
57°2'43.739"N 22°34'19.628"E / 57.045483 22.572119
- Sabile Cider
- Family Winery "Abavas"
- Pedvāle Open-Air Art Museum
- Nature park "Abavas senleja"
- Abava rapids
- Ancient adornment and signs by Harijs Jaunzems
- Sabile synagogue
- Sabile Wine Festival
- Sabile Wine Hill
- Sabile Hillfort
- Sabiles Pre-Christian Cemetery
- Sabile Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Old Times Museum