Population - 10485
Area - 2751 km²
Talsi – town of nine hills. Due to its good geographical situation and its beauty, Talsi can be called “The Heart of Northern Courland”. The historical records have mentioned it for the first time in 1231 as the centre of the ancient Cours state of Vanema. Present Talsi is lively town boasting its nine hills, the Old Centre and the splendid vistas over the banks of its two lakes. Talsi is rich with places of interest, both from the historical and cultural point of view. The Protestant Church (the 16th century), where Pastor K. Amenda (1774–1836) preached, stands on one of the hills. Lielā iela is famous for its examples of old architecture. Beautiful summer house of Baron Firx (built at the end of the last century) was restored recently and now houses Talsi Museum of Regional Studies and Art. Castle mound – a place of fortification of ancient Cours displays view over Lake Talsi with Lakeand the old centre of Talsi.
57°14'38.562"N 22°35'26.57"E / 57.244045 22.590714
+371 63224165, 26469057
- "Baložu pasts" - creative workspace
- "Pakalnu pogas" Recreation centre
- On Bicycle Routes in Nature Park Talsi Hollocks and Surrounding
- Midsummer celebration in Talsi
- Talsi Hillfort
- Clown Museum
- Talsi town map. Walking routs
- Galerija Art
- Baznīckalns (Church hill)
- Mill hill
- Hill Ķēniņkalns
- Leču kalns (Leču hill)
- Krievragkalns (Russian horn hill)
- Tiguļu kalns (Tiguļu hill)
- Sauleskalns (Sun hill)
- Vilkmuiža (Wolf manor) hill
- Lake Vilkmuižas
- The Promenade of the Lake Talsi
- Talsi Cultural Center and Creative Yard
- Pottery Workshop “Ciparnīca”
- Talsi Regional Museum
- Latvian Agriculture Museum
- Talsi Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Talsi Roman Catholic Church
- Talsi synagogue
- Talsi Baptist Church
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Monument for revolution from 1905-1907
- Monument "Koklētājs"
- "Kurzemes sēklas"
- Pastry Shop "Piena sēta"
- Folklore group "Talsi"
- Excursion "Talsi with a backpack!"
- Talsi Hockey Hall
- Cross-country Skiing in Talsi Hillock