Talsi

Population - 10485 (1.07.2015)
Area - 2751 km²

Talsi – town of nine hills. Due to its good geographical situation and its beauty, Talsi can be called “The Heart of Northern Courland”. The historical records have mentioned it for the first time in 1231 as the centre of the ancient Cours state of Vanema. Present Talsi is lively town boasting its nine hills, the Old Centre and the splendid vistas over the banks of its two lakes. Talsi is rich with places of interest, both from the historical and cultural point of view. The Protestant Church (the 16th century), where Pastor K. Amenda (1774–1836) preached, stands on one of the hills. Lielā iela is famous for its examples of old architecture. Beautiful summer house of Baron Firx (built at the end of the last century) was restored recently and now houses Talsi Museum of Regional Studies and Art. Castle mound – a place of fortification of ancient Cours displays view over Lake Talsi with Lakeand the old centre of Talsi.

Attached images

Attached files

Talsu pilsēta
57°14'38.562"N 22°35'26.57"E
+371 63224165, 26469057
tic@talsi.lv
http://www.talsi.lv, www.talsitourism.lv

Related points