(Tiguļu hill) is the highest and observes the pace of the town from
a distance. Tiguļu - Upleju house used to stand here once. It is a
beautiful place that was desired and built up by the baron of Okte
Georg fon Firkss. In 1883 - 1885 he built there his manor house
"Villa Hochheim". Talsi State Secondary school and
Talsi 2nd Secondary school used the manor house for the
longest period of time (1923-1975).
From December 1996 Talsi regional museum is located in this building. The 17th century cannons placed on both sides of the front entrance give the building a majestic look, while Talsi dendrology park creates cosiness and naturalism. The landscape park was made together with the manor house using the hilly relief, pond and the scenic view to the town.
More than 270 tree species a 5.8 hectares area now have been supplemented with shrub and flower composition, known as "Talsu saulīte", while on the top of the hill a double circle made of oaks can be seen. Not far from the park one sees Saules street that was covered with buildings before the 1st Word war and Talsi Latin church. The little red brick house was dedicated to the Church in 1899 by Talsi noblewoman A. Dzedule.
After the reconstruction in 1999 (by architect V. Liepa) the church got a modern appearance. Confession and Virgin Mary chapels as well as a bell-tower (2004) have been added to the church. The bell-tower has 3 bells that bespeak us every day "...Faith, Hope, and Love; and the greatest of these is Love." (Paul's 1st Letter to the Corinthians 13:13).
57°14'28.169"N 22°36'11.174"E / 57.241158 22.603104
- Talsi town map. Walking routs
- On Bicycle Routes in Nature Park Talsi Hollocks and Surroundings
- The Promenade of the Lake Talsi
- Talsi Hillfort
- Monument "Koklētājs"
- "Kurzemes sēklas"
- Sauleskalns (Sun hill)
- Talsi Cultural Center and Creative Yard
- Monument for revolution from 1905-1907
- Leču kalns (Leču hill)
- Life circle in shadow of death
- Latvian Agriculture Museum
- Clown Museum
- Krievragkalns (Russian horn hill)
- Hill Ķēniņkalns
- Galerija Art
- Mill hill
- Midsummer celebration in Talsi
- Talsi Evangelical Lutheran Church
- Baznīckalns (Church hill)
- Talsi synagogue
- Seventh-day Adventist Church
- Talsi Roman Catholic Church
- Talsi Regional Museum
- Talsi Hockey Hall
- Talsi Baptist Church
- Excursion "Talsi with a backpack!"
- Cross-country Skiing in Talsi Hillock
- Pottery Workshop “Ciparnīca”
- "Pakalnu pogas" Recreation centre